Last Call for Rob!

November 12, 2008 by

Well, we’re sorry to see it. It’s the end of another era. We’ll miss our dear friend week after week. I’ll still see him every day at work so in the future, if you have anything for him, like say money, whiskey or jellies, jams cakes and pies, just give the goods to me and I’ll pass it along. The money prolly won’t make it all the way to him tho, I gotta be honest, while I’m being crooked.

Last gig with FM 11/08/08

Last gig with FM 11/08/08

We had a great time and there was a full house at Sweet Caroline’s in wonderful Winchester, VA. We drank and played sloppy. Well, I didn’t drink, cuz I don’t- but I played sloppy, cuz I do sometimes – see intro to Sickness X-1, right Jimmy? First ever DO OVER !! Let’s have a couple of those next week on Dean’s first day back to throw him a curve ball or two. Just one or two random stops and then – DO OVER! We packed the place so well, the owner was even happy. And owners are hardly ever happy. A drunk guy fell on my pedals and triggered some random bombs. He was happy.

...and the fans go wild for him one last time!

...and the fans go wild for him one last time!

Rob gave a nice heartfelt thanks from the stage to his wife Heather for watching the kids every Saturday night for the past five years. (All the girls sigh in unison now ready? Awwwwww!) Steve gave a speech. We all cried and felt very gay. We spent the last bit of dressing room idiocy we had left with Rob in the ‘dressing room’ type we love so much and see way too often – the kitchen! With the freezers buzzing away busy doing all their freezin’ stuff, the giant jars of mayo staring back at us, listening to all our dumbass jokes that only a mayo jar would laugh at. I don’t know about Steve and Jimmy, but I was very aware that it was ‘the last time’ to be in the little clubhouse that we build each week with Rob. Unfortunately, Rob was just plain unaware! He had a few, Gene lined up four shots of an appropriate whiskey named Jack on his amp and then something happened to them. On Sunday, had a really tough time remembering if he was a blithering idiot or not. He even had to call me and ask!

Rob and Gene - outed by the paparazzi! (all pics by Kosta Tzamalis)

Rob and Gene - outed by the paparazzi! (all pics by Kosta Tzamalis)

Comments

21 Responses to “Last Call for Rob!”

1. Gigantic FM fan (NOT RG!) on November 12th, 2008 12:19 pm

What? No video?

That is a very nice send off Mark! Thanks. Perhaps RG couldn’t bare to be in the “clubhouse” for the last time – so he sent in a drunken RG drone.

Loved every minute of it!

-GFF

2. Gigantic FM fan (NOT RG!) on November 12th, 2008 1:19 pm

get it?

like – GIGANTIC FM FAN (i am not RG)

get it?

like -GFF is just sorta like writing -RG

get it?

it’s a joke by golly.

do you get it?

ok i AM RG. it was a joke.

where’s BIGDADDY_JOEY? he gets my jokes…

3. MarkS on November 12th, 2008 2:02 pm

Rob has video! There are more than a few comedic moments worth posting. As soon as he rips it off his camera, I’ll post some evidence. . . er, video.

4. Gene on November 14th, 2008 2:23 pm

We Want Video!!!!!!! Mark you know I got the offical six pack of RG Corona from the show. Wonder how much I can get for it on eBay.. lol

5. Gene on November 14th, 2008 2:32 pm

How much money you got GFF?

6. A Kixx, FunnyMoney Fan and supporter on November 15th, 2008 9:44 am

I attended the show at Sweets for Robs’ last night. Yep, it was not one of your best performances. I have followed you guys around since 11th Frame & Shiley Acres………….the music was WAY to loud, and sloppy would describe the night. But, yeah I guess every band has an off night, I forgive you. And look forward to seeing you possibly for New Years at the Cantina.

Oh and by the way……………the band Last Chance was awesome, spot on, and did some wonderful work and warming up the main act. They are worth seeing again,

Brooke

7. Jerry &Sandy Lynchmob on December 8th, 2008 11:12 pm

Sorry and sad to see ROB will not be in the band.He has helped bring the band to there fire lit famous rock and roll unique one of a kind beat to a million or so fans in the past few years.Truly,the band has adapted to the era of up beat music that has been making waves in the eastern US. Take some time to go enjoy this band in the night clubs,now;because from what we have seen slowly rising is a wave of talent in rock and roll that is going to hit the big time stages in the future,and that may take many of those undedicated fans by a disappointing surprise; that they have missed the opportunity of a life time to meet a rock star band in a smaller club setting for now. where you can actually talk to and get a quick autograph from these past and present ROCK STARS.

8. Nancy on December 12th, 2008 2:17 pm

We came from West Va to Sweet Carolines to see Funny Money, had never been to Sweet Carolines before and it was well worth the drive.

I remember going to Zaxxs and “the acres” to see Kixx and I wasn’t disappointed in the show.

Love it!

I will be going to see them this month at the Roadhouse too.

Great show and I am looking forward to seeing them play again.

9. jeepr on December 14th, 2008 5:31 am

Nancy I would love to meet you at the Roadhouse. Look for me I’ll be the one with a cold Rolling Rock (No Yuengling in WV right Jimmy?) in my hand. It’s gonna be one hell of a party.

J

10. KIM Brown on December 23rd, 2008 8:17 pm

I WAS AT BOTH SWEET CAROLINES AND THE ROADHOUSE SHOWS, I’VE NEVER SEEN A BAD SHOW! ALWAYS HIGH ENERGY AND GREAT MUSIC!! KEEP IT COMING GUYS!!

11. Nancy on January 2nd, 2009 11:20 am

Well Jeepr..sorry I am just now seeing this so I didn’t look for ya.

But I was at the table with my friends near where the fight broke out.
    Did you see those guys rolling around on the floor?

I had a blast, beat the bad weather home and met some interesting people there at the Roadhouse.
    The guy Elvis was so funny, wasn’t sure if he was hitting on me or just wanting me to buy him a beer. I brought him a beer and sent him on his way to another table lol.
    Even saw someone I haven’t seen in years (Kim). Maybe we will run into each other again along the way enjoying Steve and the guys play.
    Nice little place and we will be going back since we aren’t too far away here in Hampshire Co.

Maybe next time we will meet.
    Rock on!

Nancy

12. KIM Brown on January 6th, 2009 6:15 pm

Hey Nancy!! Good seeing you. Sorry I stared but, Its been awhile since Ive seen you and I didnt image in a 100 yrs I see anyone there I knew. LOL. I try to see these guys when I can. Maybe we run into one another again. TAKE CARE

13. Nancy on January 16th, 2009 2:52 pm

Hey Kim….

sorry we didn’t get to catch up more (you know me I like to talk) lol.

Keep in touch, I’d love to hear what you have been up to.

We usually have one or two blow out parties in the summer at our river place.

Keep warm, I’m staying in listening to my old Kix cd’s. The kids love it loud lol.
    Right now the littlest one is dancin to Steve singin on the
    kix live cd.
    (they have great taste in music lol)

keep in touch………email me sometime nancyhines2001@yahoo.com

take care!

14. CONMAN BOB on February 7th, 2009 3:18 pm

REALLY GONNA MISS ROB
    CANT WAIT TO C DEAN
    I AM TAKIN CARE OF MT AUNT RIDIN THE CRAZY TRAIN OF ALZHIEMERS IN HACKENSACK n.j. WHY DOENT U DO A GIG IN THE N.Y.C. AREA THE BAND IS BIG APPLE MATERIAL

15. Kim brown on April 14th, 2009 3:47 pm

Hey Nancy
    You guys planning to come to the show @ Sweet Carolines on fri April 17? I got my table ready!!!!!

16. Nancy on April 25th, 2009 7:39 am

Sorry, didn’t make it.

I had some unexpected things come up.

I am sure you had a blast!

Did you take any pictures???

Nancy

17. Lisa on June 3rd, 2010 8:30 am

I was writing to see if an band members remembers the band Damn Doggs, they opened up for Jackyl one time or too. My Cousin Curtis Blye was the drummer. Since then he ran up under a tractor trailer and is on longer with us. I was trying to reach out for photos from friends. To make a photo album can you or yours help or guide me in the right direction? I also was at shiley acres and my brother started Night Rider a 100 years ago.Thanks Lisa

18. Julie Anderson on May 10th, 2011 3:25 pm

Last Call for Rob! : Funny Money
    ‘My Cousin Curtis Blye was the drummer. Since then he ran up under a tractor trailer and is on longer with us. I was trying to reach out for photos from friends.”
    I was doing a search for Curtis..who was a drummer when I knew him in Harrisonburg VA. If you ever read this Lisa..I do have a picture or two in my old album..I hope it is not him.

19. a2542972 on November 2nd, 2011 10:20 am

I’ve said that least 2542972 times. The problem this like that is they are just too compilcated for the average bird, if you know what I mean

20. cheap used cars on November 23rd, 2011 12:29 pm

I always seem to learn from these type of posts. Generally people have a different prospective which allows the point of view to be more diverse and sometimes controversial which can open our brains.

21. class 10 memory card on November 24th, 2011 2:19 am

Best Class 10 memory card 2012. Get Transcend, sandisk, kingston Class 10 sdhc memory card and sdxc best cheap prices.