My Dad’s Calling – Gotta Go Home

September 29, 2008 by

hi folks,

i am so happy to have had the chance to spend the last 5 years as part of the FM family. yes, it’s been 5 years – and yes IT IS a FAMILY through and through from the band and its players and crew to the fans in the clubs and beyond.

so – why am i writing this?

well, the time has come where my FM family happiness turns to a reflective kind of sadness as i realize that it is time for me to say goodbye. my last show with FM will be on 11/8. and after that, FM will turn a new page into the next chapter of its unique brand of music, fun and frolic-o-holic good times.

[is it me or does this seem like some kind of weird political speech? i’ve been watching too much presidential politics i guess!!]

so, why am i leaving? to be concise about it… my OTHER family calls!! my family responsibilities and stuff have grown recently as we have added another mouth to feed, butt to wipe, tears to dry, games to cheer, bus to make, homework to do… you get the idea.

his name is JACK and he likes tractors.

Tractor Jack!

Tractor Jack Galpin!

so yeah… my last FM gig will be 11/8 – i hope you can come out and harrass me sometime before that.

my stuff with the baby is too much to do with FM crazy weekends every week. gotta make a break for it.

wanted to let you know – hope to see ya soon.

-RG

Comments

6 Responses to “My Dad’s Calling – Gotta Go Home”

1. jason and deborah on October 21st, 2008 9:53 am

Sorry to see you go! It was great seeing you with the band! Good luck and congratulations! Keep rockin’
    Jason and Deborah
    Philly

2. Maddy on October 21st, 2008 7:26 pm

Rob, you’ll be missed!!!!!

3. Mike Benedict on October 25th, 2008 11:25 am

Rob, fully understand where your coming from, & your making the RIGHT choice, I just want to say thanks for all the JOY you’ve given me & surely tons of other folks, while watching you display your musical talents over the years. Thanks for those wonderful loud Marshall tones & old school solo licks (esp. those Nugent ones,LOL … hope we cross paths again & who knows .. now the stage is set for the FM reunion show … (with a 5pc band) as FM once was …All the best to you & yours, you will be missed at the FM shows, but never forgotten !

4. FM Fan on November 2nd, 2008 12:40 am

Sorry to see you go Rob, we knew this day was coming when you cut your hair. :)
    Does this mean you’ll finally have time to put a finish on that guitar of yours?

5. Deacon on November 7th, 2008 11:01 pm

I could write AND WRITE on this, but I’d much rather say it in person. Until then, whenever that may be, just know that I’ll miss you and enjoyed every second of it. Thanks for putting up with me, my third and fourth ears and my occassional drunken mumbling. Best of luck with that super family, HEE HAW BABY!

6. Methionine on July 6th, 2011 1:58 am

Telesales sometimes is a bit hard because it requires some great skills in persuasion*