Old Friends at RTB ’08

September 5, 2008 by

This doesn’t have anything to do with Funny Money BUT . . . it was good to see Dee Snider again in Houston when he surprised me from behind and came up for the sing along in Cold Blood. As you may know, Jimmy and I sang backups on Twisted Sister’s ‘Love is for Suckers’ LP which was produced by Beau Hill. So Dee and we go way back and it was good to see those guys again.

Dee Snider and Steve during the sing along in 'Cold Blood'

Dee Snider and Steve during the sing along in 'Cold Blood'

Brett Michaels is one of the nicest most genuine guys you’ll ever get to meet and has always been that way. Brett is from Harrisburg and Poison (then known as Paris) was a local band playing the same circuit KIX was back in the day. In Houston, Brett graciously invited me over to his tour bus and we had a nice extended chat about the old days. I hope to see Brett and perform with him again soon.

Steve and Brett Michaels at Rock The Bayou '08

Steve and Brett Michaels at Rock The Bayou '08

Comments

12 Responses to “Old Friends at RTB ’08”

1. Rick (Richie Sambuka) Albert on January 14th, 2009 6:06 pm

Come-on Steve, I’m sure I’m not the only one who remembers your comments of displeasure of Brett (sissy-boy) Michaels success doing a cover of your unique talents, and doing a horrible job of it at that. What’s the deal with the pic of you and Mr. Thorney-Rose?!?!???!???

2. Neal on February 24th, 2009 12:02 pm

Hey Steve did a show with you back in Dec. at Jaxx in Sprigfield VA. we were supposed to be playin again with you guys there again what happened? And hey thanx for the kind words you gave us. Mark ,guy that was filming you sent me a song of us he recorded sounded great. Would love to hook up on another show some time.

3. K.T. Chayse on March 31st, 2009 11:19 am

Hi Steve
    This is K.T. your old L.D. Nice pictures of you. Ya look great! Nice that all you guys keep in touch. Saw a couple photos of the band in Japan the other day. Made me smile! Hope all is well with you and yours. K.T.

4. BJ on December 9th, 2009 12:22 pm

hey Steve….email me if you have time…….the beej

5. Bryan from Texas on January 3rd, 2010 10:53 am

Steve, It is so good to see you back in action. We sure love Kix, always have and always will.

If you ever make it to Texas please stop by Dallas, we’d love to show you some good ole Texas hospitality and to rock out with you and the boys just like old times.

ROCK ON!

6. Bob Gomez on April 2nd, 2010 12:28 am

I kind of thought Autograph stole some things from Kix too. Steve Plunkett did his best Steve Whiteman for a few years…

7. lee whiteman on May 22nd, 2010 12:49 pm

want to see your show havet seen you since segull cus

8. lee whiteman on May 22nd, 2010 12:50 pm

key board dosent work to well at times sure u know what i meant

9. Cathy on October 13th, 2010 1:06 pm

AWESOME SHOW AT ISLAND BAY DAY! Will see you in December at Rams Head Live!

10. männer models on November 10th, 2011 6:20 pm

The trade show calendar and exhibition directory lists India trade events and sourcing fairs. Find India trade fairs, India trade shows, India trading events, India … Details on http://www.indiantradeshows.com

11. jewellery model on November 10th, 2011 6:20 pm

Trade shows – Browse updated and comprehensive information on more than 10000 trade shows & exhibitions,International trade fairs,business trade shows … Details on http://www.indiantradeshows.com

12. mike avey sr on November 14th, 2011 12:26 pm

I have been following your music for a lot of years, and you guys really rock.
    The first time that i seen you play, was the splash hop at the northsidepool in Waynesboro,Pa,You guys were really awesome,and today you still are.
    Kix is the BEST local band ihave ever seen. You guys rock my socks off.
    Thank You for rocking my socks,and I will see you again this summer.